NFABD U16 Youth League supported by FIFA Opening Ceremony
Friday, March10, 2017
The NFABD U16 Youth League 2017 Supported by FIFA kicks off today with an opening match between Tabuan A and Projek Ikan Pusu at the Berakas Sports Complex.
Registration was opened to all U16 teams nationwide and this year after undergoing screening and interview process for eligibility, only 11 teams were selected to take part in this 2nd edition of the prestigious youth league.
The teams are made up of youth players born in year 2001, 2002 and 2003. They follow the revised Laws of the Game and under the strict guidance of FIFA.
Amongst the Objectives of the league are:
- 1st Nationwide Youth League in Asia that has FIFA support (2016)
- Provide U-16 players opportunity to play, enjoy and gain experience at a National level competition
- Provide platform for grassroots coaches and referees’ education
- Encourage officials, coaches and players towards good sportsmanship and a fair play code of behavior
- Encourage local football clubs to start youth development from an early age
- As a development platform for the future National team
The league is round robin. (2 rounds home and away) which will award the Champions Cup, Challenge Cup, Runners Up, medals, Fairplay Award, Most Valuable Player and League’s Top Goalscorer Award will also be in contention.
All matches will be played in the mornings of Fridays and Sundays (7am) and the venues are; NFABD Artificial Field at NFABD House, Field A & B at the Menglait Sports Complex, and at Sungai Kebun Sports Complex, BSB and Padang Kemasyarakatan Bengkurung. Entrance is FREE.
Present to officiate the league is guest of honour, Awang Haji Madli bin Haji Md Yusof, Acting Vice President of NFABD.
- Executive Committee members of NFABD
- Awang Rosdin bin Hj Abdul Aziz, Acting General Secretary of NFABD
- Pg Md Amirrizal bin Pg Hj Mahmud, Assistant General Secretary of NFABD
- Mr Mike Wong, Technical Director of NFABD
- Invited guests and officers from Youth & Sports Department, Spots School and Co-Curriculum Education Department