NFABD host AFC Club Licensing System meeting
Monday, November 27, 2017
The National Football Association of Brunei Darussalam (NFABD) today held an Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Club Licensing System meeting.
It was conducted by AFC Head of Club Licensing, Mr Mahajan Vasudevan Nair.
The meeting at NFBAD House was attended by several club managers, and the aim of the meeting was to guide and inform the managers about the AFC Club Licensing System.
Under the Club Licensing System, clubs needs to comply with certain criteria to participate in national and/or AFC competitions.
By implementing the Club Licensing System, clubs benefit by;
- Developing strong governance and organisational structures
- Implementing stable financial management and reporting
- Improving technical standards of coaches and clubs
- Increasing reliability, credibility and integrity of the clubs and league
- Promoting and continuously improving the standard of football
- Engaging qualified coaches
- Encouraging youth development
- Improving infrastructure facilities
- Improving the clubs’ administration, management and organisation.
- Raising economic and financial standing of the clubs through effective marketing and commercial exploitation.