NFABD U16 Youth League 2018
The NFABD U16 Youth League 2017 Supported by FIFA kicked off on March 10 with an opening match between Tabuan A and Projek Ikan Pusu at the Berakas Sports Complex.
Registration was open to all Under-16 teams nationwide, and after undergoing a screening and interview process for eligibility, 11 teams were selected to take part in this year’s second edition of the prestigious youth league.
The teams are made up of youth players born 2001, 2002 and 2003, and the competition follows the revised Laws of the Game and is under the strict guidance of FIFA.
Among the objectives of the league are to;
- Provide Under-16 players an opportunity to play, enjoy and gain experience playing in a national level competition.
- Provide a platform for grassroots coaches and referees’ education.
- Encourage officials, coaches and players towards good sportsmanship and a fair play code of behavior.
- Encourage local football clubs to start youth development from an early age.
- Serve as a development platform for the future national team
The league is being held in a round robin format with two rounds of home and away games.
Up for grabs this year are the Champions Cup, Challenge Cup, runners-up trophy, medals, Fairplay Award, Most Valuable Player Award and Top Goalscorer Award.
The matches are played every Friday and Sunday morning at the NFABD Artificial Field at NFABD House, the Menglait Sports Complex, the Sungai Kebun Sports Complex, and the Bengkurung Community Field.
Entrance is FREE.